The DAK Financial Podcast, Episode 8 - Common Terms & Situations in Financial Planning
There are so many terms and situations that arise when discussing your retirement. Sometimes, it's helpful to sit down and take a moment to define them all with your financial advisor.
Today, Dave is walking us through some major terms and situations you could find yourself in while planning your retirement.
Questions & Notes
1. What are popular places to hold retirement monies in today’s volatile market?
- An IRA
2. What are the parameters of a Bull Market and how can it be helpful or hurtful during retirement?
- Bull Market - when the market is really strong
- However, it can be misleading because of the population’s expectation of it continuing to be strong
- Talk to your financial advisor
3. What is a Black Swan event?
- An unprecedented event that occurs that affects the market
4. Why do rising interest rates hurt my 401k and IRA values?
- Interest rates are increasing and companies have to ensure their debt at a higher rate
- Stock values go down
- Individual bond values may shrink as well
5. What do I do if this happens to me?
- Fixed index annuities and corporate investment grade bonds, mitigating investment risk and generating sustainable income